Friday, November 12, 2010

Tis the season

Tis the season to give. Tis the season to bake. Tis the season to be with those you love. I think I've shared this before on my blog, but I love the winter holidays! As a kid I'd help set up the Thanksgiving table in it's finest of linens and china. The smell of all the delicious food lingering throughout the house. Family members filing in the door and laughter filling the air. I love Thanksgiving. It's a little different now, being married but I still enjoy the time with family and all the wonderful food. I also love having Jon at home for the weekend. Then the countdown begins to Christmas.

I love decorating for Christmas, especially now. I have a lot of crafts in mind but I have to exercise self control so as not to spend too much money. I want to make an advent calendar this year with scripture to read each day. I want to make some stockings for each of us that will match. While it may seem I'm caught up in the commercialism of the season please understand, growing up and now, we do things regularly to remind us of the precious gift we were given. We have an advent wreath that we started using last year and when Hadley gets older I want to read through the story of Jesus' birth while we set up the manger. We spend time with family and friends baking cookies, enjoying each others company. We are able to give to angel tree and by adopting a family with our life group. Attending the Christmas Eve service at church is also a great time.  

I love each and every part of this season, but mainly I love spending time with people. It seems like we're all so busy throughout the year but when the holidays roll around everyone makes time to hang out. May you have a blessed season!

No comments: