Saturday, November 13, 2010

Easy Greek Chicken Casserole

I recently made this from our Weight Watchers cookbook called One Dish Meals. I thought it was pretty good and a hearty, warm meal for the winter. Enjoy!

1 Tblsp olive oil
2 C chopped onion (about 1 large)
2 Tblsp fresh thyme leaves
1-2 tsp black pepper
10 garlic cloves, minced
6 C cubed red potato (about 2 lbs.)
2 C cut fresh green beans (about 1/2. I just used frozen green beans that I defrosted)
1/4 C water
2 Tblsp anchovy paste or finely chopped olives
2 (14.5 oz) cans no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
8 skinned, boned chicken thighs (about 1 lb.)
1/2 C crumbled feta cheese

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Heat oil in an ovenproof Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion, saute 3 minutes. Add thyme, pepper, and garlic; saute1 minute. Increase heat to medium-high. Add potato; saute 8 minutes or until potato begins to brown. Stir in green beans, water, anchovy paste, and tomatoes. Remove from heat. Nestle chicken into mixture; sprinkle with feta. cover and bake at 375 for 45 minutes or until chicken is done.
Yields: 4 servings (2 thighs and 2 cups of potato mixture)
Weight watchers points: 10
Calories per serving: 488

Notes: Not all of the potatoes cooked all the way through so make sure you cut them in small cubes or if you want to pre-cook them for a few minutes that might help. I also had to stack the chicken pieces on top of each other because they would not fit side-by-side in my dutch oven but that did not seem to cause a problem in them being cooked all the way through.

1 comment:

Katie Sue said...

Sounds delicious! I love Weight Watchers cookbooks!