Sunday, July 17, 2011

Sewing

I've been interested in focusing more on sewing lately. I've got a few quilts in mind I'd like to work on and some dresses for Hadley and/or her friends. I'd really like to get to a point where most sewing situations whether fixing seams or creating something new, is like second nature. I'm not really sure why. I think some times it has the stereo type of being an old lady thing to do, but I enjoy doing it. I think it's a useful skill to have. I always think it would be fun to create stuff and sell it but then I feel like there's not really a big market for hand-made stuff anymore. Target sells nice stuff for much cheaper than I can make it usually and that's just comparing the price of the fabric, it doesn't usually include labor (which I don't always charge for anyway, I just appreciate the practice). I definitely appreciate the friends and family who have humored me as I've passed on some of my projects as gifts.

I would totally love to help people sew things for their nurseries or kids bedrooms or whatever would be useful but I know it's hard to pay the money for an amateur. So off I go to get more practice and hone the skill.

Seriously though....if anyone reading this would ever like something done, just ask and we'll see what we can do! I would totally love to do it! I'll hold off on doing anything like a wedding dress though. ;)

No comments: