Friday, July 1, 2011

Reasons I feel old...

I don't understand some of the new fashions and trends, much like I'm sure my parents generation didn't understand things we did as teenagers.

1. Skinny jeans, especially skinny shorts??? I thought we all hated spandex so why are we trying to make jeans spandex-y. This also includes jeggings.

2. Planking. I can't think of an equivalent for this when I was in high school. Soooo...????

3. 80's fashions (shirts falling off the shoulders, leggings, side ponytails, etc.) Ok, so I know the 70's fashions came back for a bit and those who grew up with flower power probably didn't understand, but the 80's? They were awful when it came to fashion. I throw up a little in my mouth when I see pictures from the 80's.

4. Flat-billed hats worn sideways. I have nothing more to say about that

5. Loud music. This one especially makes me feel old. In fact I'm a little embarrassed to add this one, but recently I've heard music that is so loud you can't even distinguish the words or what instruments are being used. What's the point?

6. Facebook pictures consisting only of your face and not the actual places you visit. I know some people who go on great vacations and the only pictures they take are close ups of their faces smooshing together with someone else's. We know what your mug looks like, that doesn't change when you visit another place, at least take a few pictures of the scenery.

What are the kids doing these days that make you feel old?

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I must be really old cause I have no idea what planking is.

drfrancisco said...

Lol. Sarah. Don't feel bad I had to look it up too! Thanks Cara, I don't feel so alone anymore. Loud music gets on my nerves a lot too. Especially "cool" people who blast their gangsta rap while filling up their gas tanks at the gas station. Turn the whole car off! I don't want to hear your crap music!

Katie Sue said...

Lots of things make me feel old...particularly movie references my students don't get and pointless reality television like Jersy Shore. I find reality TV depressing commentary on society, not entertainment.

I will say that I love the return of leggings. I think they're super comfortable and this time around are far more classy. Just my two cents though :)