Friday, August 13, 2010

God is

To be able to answer the question, "Is God relevant?" I need to have some sort of picture of who God is. This task is a bit dangerous as it is "putting God in a box," but more than that it's difficult to define such a being. It would seem easier to define what God is NOT. But alas, I will attempt to outline the character of God for myself, in ways that I have experienced him. This is in no particular order.

God is loving.
God is faithful.
God is powerful.
God is merciful.
God is all-knowing.
God is all-seeing.
God is just.
God is jealous.
God is alive.
God is sufficient.
God is personal.

I could sit here another hour or more and probably add to the list. Next I need to be able to articulate how God has shown up in my life in these ways. This is more of a daunting task as I know there are times where I have dismissed, or clearly missed, him being present in my day to day activities. To be able to do this would communicate that God is relevant. I know in my heart and mind he is, but to communicate that to someone who doesn't know God is a whole different ball game.


No comments: