To view pics from 2007 click here
Not many from 2008, click here
2009 click here
This year's going to be different. We're going to have a themed party. The problem is what kind of theme? I came up with a few ideas but could use some help. I've listed below the ideas I've come up with (with the help of a friend) and a bit of a description. Some ideas were better for decorating purposes rather than costumes and vice versa. I've included a poll on the right hand side of my blog so make sure to vote for which one you think you'd take the time to dress up for and enjoy.
Nintendo theme (dorky I know) -- Most of the guests are Nintendo-generation kids. There are many characters to dress up as and the decorating would probably be similar to Mario's world. This would be an easy one for the little kids too.
80's icons -- Not much in the way for decorating but costumes would be a blast. And those really interested in the Nintendo theme could still do a costume related to that.
50's Sock Hop -- The costumes would be fairly simple. Not only could people do the regular poodle skirts and greaser outfits but there were also great celebrates in the 50's like Elvis Presly and Marilyn Monroe. Decor could be records and a juke box with fun music and Grease playing in the background. Food would be a Sundae bar and root beer floats. Another kid friendly theme.
Hollywood Night -- Costumes would consist of movie stars. Food would include popcorn. Decor would be movie cameras, red carpet, and perhaps some Emmy awards. Semi-easy for kids.
Cartoon Characters -- Pretty self explanatory. Decor wouldn't be so easy unless I could correlate with people's costumes which means I'd have to find out what everyone is going to be. Super kid-friendly
Wiggin' Out -- Everyone at least has to wear a wig. Decor could include wigs hanging everywhere. This is probably the easiest of all. Easy for kids if they leave the wig on.
That's all I've got for now. If you have other ideas for themes please leave a comment. I'd love to hear them.
2 comments:
I couldn't find where to vote, but I vote for Nintendo OR 80s icons! Both fabulous possibilities! Can't wait!
Ha. It's up now Katie, it took me a little bit to get the poll up. Maybe I should have done that before posting the blog. ;) Thanks for the vote.
Post a Comment