Monday, June 20, 2011

It's what's for dinner

I love when people share new recipes or their entire plan for the week, because then it makes things easier on me. So I'll return the favor.

This week's dinner menu for our family:

BBQ Shredded pork sandwiches with chips and salad (using the delicious meat we purchased at the fair this year)
Pink spaghetti (alfredo and spaghetti sauce) - from Leatrice
Ham roast with green beans and walnuts for a side and a spinach and pear salad. (Side and Salad recipe below)
Lemon Pepper Chicken and Veggies (crockpot recipe)
Chicken-Fruit Salad (we often like to have a big salad as the main course; recipe below)


Green Beans and Walnuts
(Taken from Weight Watchers One-Dish Meals)
1.25 lbs green beans, trimmed
2 tsp butter
2 tblsp finely crushed walnuts
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground whole nutmeg

1. Place green beans in a large saucepan of boiling water; cook 5 minutes. Drain.
2. Heat butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add walnuts; saute for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add beans, salt, and nutmeg; cook for 1 minute.
6 servings

Spinach and Pear Salad
(Taken from Weight Watchers One-Dish Meals)
Red-leaf lettuce or baby spinach are great for this salad.
2 tblsp water
1.5 tblsp red-wine vinegar
1 tblsp olive oil
1 tblsp honey
2 tsp Dijon mustard
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 Bosc or Anjou pear, cut lengthwise into 15 slices
8 C torn spinach
1/4 thinly sliced red onion


1. Combine first 6 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk.
2. Place pear slices in a large bowl. Spoon 1 tblsp dressing over pears, and toss to coat. Add the remaining dressing, spinach, and red onions, and toss to coat.
5 servings


Chicken-Fruit Salad
(Taken from Weight Watchers One-Dish Meals)
1 (10oz) package Itailian-blend salad greens
1-2 chicken breast, cut up in strips
1 C blueberries
1 C quartered strawberries
1 C sliced banana
1 C sliced, peeled Kiwi
2 tblsp pine nuts toasted
2 tblsp crubled herbed goat cheese
Raspberry dressing.

Combine ingredients and divide among 4 plates. Drizzle with dressing.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm so glad you're looking for help with dinner because help is what I can give you!!!

Monday...chips and soda
Tuesday...peanuts and soda
Wednesday...crackers and soda
Thursday...pizza and soda
Friday...chef boyardee and soda

cara said...

Oh thanks Sarah! This is a very...manageable menu. ;) I'll have to find something to substitute for the peanuts though with Jon's allergy and all. I also think I might add some EZ cheese to the cracker and soda night, just to help with our dairy serving for the day.