This will be a short post, but it's one I don't really want to put as a Facebook status so I figured this is a good place to do it.
If there is one thing in my life that can really take hold of my thoughts, emotions, and even affect my relationship with Christ, it's my relationships with other people.
If I think I've offended someone or upset someone, it's all I can think about until it's smoothed over. If someone says something that bothers me, I can't get over it until I feel like I've figured out why they said it. I say it gets a hold of me, but usually I only let it take control for a week at most. I can't stand to wallow or play the victim for too long. It takes too much energy and robs me of good times.
In the past I would work extremely hard to please everyone, now I only work at pleasing people. I praise God for helping me grow in this area as it has had a more positive effect on my relationship with Him, however it still lingers.
I'm learning to trust God more in this area. Allowing Him to stretch me beyond what I am capable of doing on my own. He is faithful.
Ok so this was a little longer than I first thought, so I guess it was a good thing I blogged about it instead of putting it as a Facebook status.
No comments:
Post a Comment