In trying to keep this blog going daily I want to post something but I don't really have the time to do a long one and I don't really even know what to post about.
So here's our life in a nutshell lately.
Our kitchen remodel has dominated our life for the last two months. We were without cabinets, counter tops, and appliances for 3 weeks. We managed because we kept the toaster oven and microwave in the garage. We also had a sink in the garage for laundry/brewing so we could wash dishes in there. We lived on paper plates and plastic cups. I also had kept the croc-pot out so we did a few crock-pot meals which were great. I lost all motivation to grocery shop. It wasn't too bad, although it did get old.
We had drywall work done, did some painting and then our cabinets and counter tops were installed. I set to work washing all our dishes before putting them in the cupboards. They had been sitting in boxes on our back porch so they were a little dusty.
We absolutely LOVE the new cabinets and counter tops. They look wonderful. And we now have 3 of the 4 appliances. We're going to be using our microwave in the garage for another month until our new one comes in. It's inconvenient but it's doable. We're still working on finishing the flooring because we'll be doing it ourselves and it will be throughout the hallway, living room, dining room and kitchen. We just haven't had time!! Here are pictures of our remodel.
Hadley is just growing by leaps and bounds. She's talking up a storm, starting to use full sentences. She loves water and "MM's " (aka M&M's). She's learning her letters and how to count. She just loves life and we love her. She's been sick a lot in the last few months, a few colds and a stomach bug. We've been pretty lucky she's overall a pretty healthy kid. We've only taken her to the dr. once because she was sick. I was worried with a recent cold and cough she was getting the Croup but she was fine the next day.
We're getting ready to go camping on Mt. graham this weekend with our bible study crew. I'm really excited to go, I think we'll have a lot of fun! I suppose that will have to be its own post.
No comments:
Post a Comment