Thursday, December 9, 2010

Photo #14


I wanted to write about something kind of random so I looked up writing prompts and it said to look through an album, pick photo #14 and write about it. Here's my not so random photo.

Hadley was just over 3 months old and here she is working on the ever-dreaded tummy time. She actually did pretty good with tummy time, for a few minutes anyway. I always fretted whether I was giving her enough opportunities to develop physically. I no longer worry about her physical development, especially after walking in on her the other day in the dining room. I had heard the chairs moving around, which is normal. I then hear a bag rustling which I knew was full of glass ornaments so I ran in there to stop her from pulling it off the table. After turning the corner into the dining room I quickly became concerned about HADLEY falling off of the table. Yep! She was STANDING on the dining room table. Fantastic.

This week she has been miss attitude. She's started saying, "Oh shoot." or similar phrases involving curse words. She also had us in tears, laughing at the table because we asked her to eat her dinner and she gave us this look like, "No, I'm not going to eat it." It's "The Look" you may have gotten when you were younger and an adult asked you to do something and for a brief second you were considering telling them, "No". Yes, that look. Well Hadley flipped the tables and gave us "The Look." Of course we tried not to let her see us laughing but it was pretty funny. She's also into scratching now if she gets frustrated or mad. That's pleasant.

She's been a handful and I love it. I absolutely love being a parent. Yes I have a few days where my patience has run out. I remind myself constantly that God gave us this opportunity to have a glimpse of what our relationship with Him is like. I know I'm human and He's God, but I also feel like He's so patient and forgiving with us, with His help we can get through those tough days. He helps me grow and mature and this is what I need to do with our child. So I laugh off the hard days because it's so much nicer that way. I don't want to spend time being frustrated with Hadley scratching me in the face because then I miss her silly, scrunchy nosed smiles. We work on consequences and changing behavior and move on.

This post really went in a different direction and maybe got a little off topic, but it felt good to write and let the words flow.

No comments: