Monday, July 5, 2010

Going Places

When I first thought of this new blog title it sounded sort of arrogant, like I was really on a path in life that would supersede anyone else. However, this is not the case at all. I really feel as though God has brought me into a different place in life and is taking me on adventures, some more exciting than others.

I feel I've gone through some of the most difficult times in my life in these past few years. God has taught me He is faithful. He has taught me that I am strong enough with His spirit to walk through the fire. Sometimes the fire seems to last forEVER!

Being a stay at home mom, or just a mom in general has been quite the journey. I sometimes feel like a horrible mom, or an over-protective mom, or the best mom. It all comes and goes. I've learned that I have to be a role-model for this child, even as young as she is. She can certainly pick up on my mood if nothing else. My patience has been tested when it comes to how other people treat me as a mom or my child. It truly is a full-time job mentally, physically, and emotionally, at least for me. I praise God almost hourly for the opportunity.

Being in a writing course I've discovered an ability I never thought was all that great. I still don't think it's great, but I do have enough confidence to move forward. I have confidence in my ability to learn and I suppose that's what's important.

Jon and I have been involved in a ministry that has been trying of my faith in God's work. Not so much His ability to do it, maybe just His ability to do it through us. I've discovered my attitude has become very negative, but I know God can use me so I keep showing up. I also know that if I show up my negative attitude will change. I keep thinking back to all the years I've done missions trips, outreach, etc. I have thoughts of wanting to stop and am reminded God can do great things and I want to be a part of that. Even when I'm tired I'll show up because God showed up for me.

Relationships as an adult have been a journey all it's own. Again, another struggle and many blessings. Relationships with friends, relationships with family, trying to balance mom and wife, the list goes on. My relationship with Christ is on a whole new level, which is awesome!

Needless to say, I have a lot of paths I feel like I'm traveling. Sometimes I have a good idea of where these paths are going to end up but most of the time I really don't. I wish 'going places' implied a life full of fun but either way I know I will grow as a person. Luckily, God is walking with me down each and every one.

No comments: