Monday, August 31, 2009

Fun Jobs

Ok so I was thinking about this the other day NOT because I don't love my job now (it is absolutely the best!) . However, I imagine at some point in my life I may return to the workforce. I saw something on TV that got me thinking, if I could do any job in the world without any limitations or restrictions what would I want to do? Here are a few I thought of in no particular order....

Marine biologist -however I'm terrified of swimming in the ocean, go figure.
Tour guide - maybe in a museum, on a boat somewhere, around a city, not really sure where would be the most fun.
Zoologist
Education director at a museum/aquarium
Family/marriage counselor
Own a Shlotzsky's/Chik-Fil-A franchise near my house (this probably wouldn't be fun for very long...) ;)
Teach adults computer skills
Consult for businesses on boosting morale/computer skills
Game and Fish officer/Forest Service Ranger
Author
Open and run a center to help people learn workplace skills and get connected with jobs
Interior Designer
Professional Photographer for National Geographic

Again, a lot of these jobs require knowledge/training/skills that I don't have but putting that aside I think these professions would be fun!


4 comments:

Kacy said...

Interesting list, Cara. If you had a Chic-fil-A franchise near you/our house I would be your biggest customer. (Biggest as in most frequent, which could then lead to literally being the biggest.)

cara said...

maybe you could open one with me!!?? I LOVE their lemonade!!

Deb M. Killion said...

I like the list. I also have thought I would like to be a tour guide. Maybe we can go into this together. Desert Museum? I could work on the days you are feeding Kacy at Chic Fil A.
-Deb

cara said...

I like your thinking Deb! ;)