This particular one is from a cookbook called "Make it in Minutes" (my kind of recipes):
Pasta Fagioli
1 jar (26oz) Ragu chunky gardenstyle pasta sauce
1 can (19oz) white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 box (10oz) frozen chopped spinach, thawed
8 oz ditalini pasta (also called salad macaroni), cooked and drained. (reserve 2 cups of pasta water)
1. In 6 qt. saucepot, combine Pasta sauce, beans, spinach, pasta and reserved pasta water; heat through.
2. Season if desired, with salt, pepper and grated parmesan cheese.
Makes 4 servings
Variations: I've added chopped zuchini which will require a little more cooking to soften it, or you can pre-cook the zuchini and add it to the mix. I've also used white (navy) beans in place of the kidney beans just because I couldn't find the white "kidney" beans at the time. You also may want to use more pasta sauce if you'd like to have more of a "soup".
There it is! If you'd like to share a recipe I'll take it!! ;) Either leave it in the comment section or write it in your own blog for others to copy. Stay tuned for next week's recipe....my new
favorite salad!
*A note: the sugar mixup happened pre-marriage so Jon avoided having to taste those cookies!
3 comments:
And after a DRAMATIC DEMONSTRATION you now know the difference between liquid and dry measures! You're a great cook sweets. Love ya.
I read your blog and thought there was no way I had any recipes to share. I like making things unoriginal like spaghetti. However, I was looking through my online recipes at allrecipes.com and remembered making this recipe, which was easy and healthy. Click the link for the recipe!
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Penne-Pasta-with-Spinach-and-Bacon/Detail.aspx
One of our new favorites is a salmon cake recipe (or tuna is even better!) - a modified version of http://www.recipezaar.com/Louisiana-Salmon-Cakes-62102
they are SO GOOD. I also mix in red pepper, onions, herbs, whatever's handy and sounds delicious. We also used a bit more cajun seasoning than the recipe called for... The cakes are excellent by themselves but when you want to pretty them up, try a mayo/sour cream/fresh dill/lemon juice sauce. Don't worry too much about the measurements, just do it to taste. Super easy since you can use salmon packets or canned tuna and they are quick! (though really not sure how healthy :)
Post a Comment