Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Emma @ 9 months

Emma had her 9 month check up this morning. It wasn't as perfect and as easy as others but overall Emma's in good health.

She's always been a quick eater and especially as she's gotten older she's become more distracted. Well her numbers show it. She has dropped to the 2nd% in weight so we are having to supplement. Most likely it is just my milk supply. It's all still hard to hear even with the 2nd kid. Yet again, I feel guilty like I've been starving my kid. Everyone comments on how tiny she is and now I'll just think to myself well that's because she's been underfed. However, she never complained like she was still hungry. I thought I'd handle it much better but I'm not, although I'm sure I'll be over it soon. It's partly frustrating because we only have 3 months to go but on the other hand at least we only have 3 months to go. It's one of those things I don't have a ton of control over. Thank God for formula! Ok I'm done with my pity party.

Emma also has an ear infection which we did not know about. She had not been more fussy than normal and when she did fuss one day I thought it was teething. She's had no fever and just a slight runny nose, although it had been clear. Weird.

She also has some nasty rash/scratches/.....we weren't really sure what it was on her lower back but we got some topical ointment for that. Thankfully her iron and vitamin D levels were fine.

It was just a crazy appointment. She's had such good checkups and now there were all these issues coming up at once, we were not used to that. So I'm grateful for all the check ups that do go well. I know we have a healthy daughter who is growing, just not very fast. :)

She's such a smiley baby and and so happy to be crawling around. It seemed like within two weeks she went from pushing her chest off the floor to sitting herself up to crawling. I'm wondering how walking will go.

Emma has her two front bottom teeth and it almost looks like some of the k-9's and such are getting close. I haven't noticed anything on top yet.

She is eating solids pretty well. She chokes down her veggies and is not a huge fan of a regular banana but so far just about everything we've given her she'll eat. Emma LOVESSSSS Hadley. Her big sister can get her to smile all the time! It's really fun to watch and I so hope they continue loving each other as they get older.

Stats for those interested:
Length - 28.25" (70%)
Weight - 14lbs 3oz (2%)
Head - 42.5" (15%)


No comments: