Sunday, August 7, 2011

Reading

This is probably going to be boring for most but I want to blog and am having a momentary block on what to write about. Most know I love to read. For a while most of my fiction entertainment was in the form of children's books. Even through college I read children's novels for one of my children's lit classes more than any other text book. So once I stopped teaching I started dipping into several adult books. I even started a book club with several friends and have enjoyed it immensely. The great thing about the book club is everyone gets to choose a book for one month and while I don't necessarily like every book we read, I'm glad it's getting me to read some I wouldn't normally pick on my own.

Some of my favorites: The Help, The 19th Wife, Freakanomics, The Glass Castle, Half Broke Horses (prequel to Glass Castle), The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, The Guernsey Literary Potato Peel Society, The Road, The Kite Runner, A Thousand Splendid Suns.

Some of my 'they-were-ok' books: Mennonite in a Little Black Dress, The Poisonwood Bible (really it was just the ending), Best Friends Forever, Falling Leaves, The Book Thief, The Zookeeper's wife, Three Cups of Tea, The Islander.

What are you reading? What are some favorites or not-so-favorites?

No comments: