I want to blog but I feel like my brain is too scattered to stick to any one topic. Here are a few snapshots of what is traveling in and out of my brain lately.
Hadley's getting at least 3 molars, possibly more, and showing no real signs of irritability or fever. Both of which she has gotten with her past 6 teeth. I'm soaking it up and feel blessed, it was just a huge shock when we noticed little white teeth poking through her gums. The only thing that may have been an indicator was her picky eating but it's always hard to say it's from teething and not just her general fickleness. I feel like I'm working frantically to get her talking more, she really doesn't say very many words, although she can so I need to calm down. Just tell me to calm down. It will happen I know, I just want to give her ample opportunities.
We're revamping our budget. I came to the realization I like to spend money. It doesn't have to be on frivolous things. Just going to Target to buy things for the house or buying groceries...I'm spending money and it's fun. I don't think I'm doing it to fill a void unless that void is time. I like it because it gives me something to do. Aside from spending money I have a lot to do....it's just not always as fun. I've never been too concerned about having enough because I know God will provide for us, although if I don't watch what I'm spending then we'll have no money by our own fault. Arrrgggggg! I want to use our money wisely out of respect to my husband who works so hard to earn it and out of respect to God who graciously provides for us. To do this I need to change my behavior and attitude. I need to buckle down and really get serious about it. I need a mindset of being content.
I submitted two articles last week to Clubhouse Magazine which is a publication for children put out by Focus on the Family. I was really looking for a smaller publication so perhaps my chances of being accepted might be greater. However, that's difficult to find for children and for the topics I had already written about. My articles had already been edited once by my mentor and then again by a sweet friend who offered her free time. I felt I should take advantage of that and get them out there so I didn't want to write anything new. The magazine usually takes 8 weeks to get back with authors so I'm sure there will be an update on the blog when I hear back. I'm not too worried about being rejected, at least not yet. I kind of figure I will be since it's my very first time submitting an article. Words of encouragement in the writing career is almost an oxymoron. It's just tough, what I imagine it is like for aspiring actors or musicians.
My final thought for the evening....I'm ready for fall and winter. I know, I know I always talk about how I love the summer and the heat. That is still my favorite but as the wise author of Ecclesiastes said, "There is a time for everything." I enjoy the fall and winter because it means fun holidays and family time. Of course by the time January and February roll around I'm ready for the summer again. It would even be great if it snowed. I figure if it's going to get cold it might as well be worth it....bring on the snow, but only for a few days. This just in time for the first official day of fall.
What's on your mind?
1 comment:
Budgeting is hard and sucks! I admire you for trying to buckle down!
I'm excited to hear what happens with your writing! How cool that you are already submitting work for publication! I'm looking forward to saying I knew you when :-)
I am also DYING for fall to arrive! I love the fall! And I also am having dreams of snow! Hopefully God will grace us with such a blessing!
On my mind...I have way too much to do in the last last few days before break! It's totally stressing me out! But as you can see, I'm not working on what would help me check things off of my to do list, so I'm making my own bed!
Post a Comment