While not many BIG things have happened in this last month, Hadley is growing up. Sometimes I look at her and see an actual grown up person, like an adult. It's only for a fleeting moment which is broken by her babbling but I see such a cute, smart, curious, independent girl.
Hadley has grown a little more picky in eating. Although we try the different foods several times and eventually she likes most of it. Eating has been a time of learning for us all as she has exhibited more of her strong will by screeching to get what she wants. We are continuously working to figure out how to teach her manners. I know at some point she'll get it, we just have to be consistent. She has grown to LOVE regular milk, in fact we have to keep it out of sight most of the day, otherwise she'd just fill up on it. Truly her daddy's girl. Between the 2 of them we will definitely need to buy our own cow.
She loves to play by throwing all her toys out of the toy box, help with laundry by throwing it on the floor, clean her room by emptying her book case...do you see the pattern? I love it all though because if I walk in and catch her doing it, she looks at me with the biggest smile on her face!
She has shown a new appreciation for her books. With each page it's as if she's really soaking up the story or pictures. Hadley has grown attached to a particular blanket and of course it's a big one so I'll need to cut it up to prevent any injuries from carrying it around. She has taken to the Linus way of life with that blanket. 'Hi' has become her new word besides 'Dada'. We're trying to teach her new words but she loves those two so we'll let her wear them out.
We've been doing swim lessons which have gone fairly well. The pool tends to be a little cold sometimes and I think that ruins it. She especially does not like to be dunked under water. There were a few days where she was able to play in the shallow end where she could stand up (the pool has a beach entrance) and she loved that. She would even dunk herself, although not really intentionally, and didn't have a problem with it. Luckily, her BFF Julie, was able to get in to the same swim class and they endure the fun (or torture) together.
Most people have seen the video of Hadley taking her first steps unaided. She was playing with a friends car keys and just started shuffling across the floor. I really don't think she realized what she was doing, she was just so caught up with the keys. Since then she has taken very few steps on her own but she at least seems to be walking more even while holding on, so I'm thinking she's realized that walking is another form of mobilization. I imagine it will be soon when she starts to walk more and more. It may also help that she was promoted to her new nursery class at church and is now surrounded by more walkers.
This week Jon and I will be going on a much needed double date with some good friends of ours to the Gaslight theatre and Hadley will be spending the night, like overnight, with my parents. This will be her second time doing it and while I will still miss her like crazy I am definitely having an easier time with it. I'm looking to appreciate the brief break. I often don't feel like I NEED a break (although I know I will at some point), but I realize it would be good as Hadley gets older to let her be with other people without us. I'm not worried about anything, I'll just miss seeing her first thing in the morning!
No comments:
Post a Comment