I've been torn about what to write on for my next blog entry so I'll write some randomness.
This week has been incredibly busy which results in me getting sick. I had a meeting with our neighborhood transformation team (it actually was just one member from the team; the others couldn't make it.) It went well but sometimes I feel overwhelmed with the task at hand. After reading through Organic Church I was encouraged and reminded that I need to do outreach/ministry WITH God, not for God. He is so much better at it, I don't know why I try to take over. I was also reminded that we need to be in constant prayer about this neighborhood and the people in it. God is already working and we need to be aware of that.
Jon and I are working on our budget, it's hard. Dave Ramsey likens it to a diet, or a healthy lifestyle. When it comes to food it's so much harder to control than money. Nonetheless, we are doing pretty well with it. We've even talked about changing some of our future plans as far as the house, etc. We'll see how it works out. God has ALWAYS blessed us when it comes to finances, it's never something I've been worried about. Sure, we've had to sacrifice a few things here or there once in a while and now we are making huge sacrifices, but God continues to take care of us and I know he always will.
I finished up the book of Romans this week as part of the Bible Reading Challenge at church. I suppose it's the writing style of the eastern world but sometimes I get lost in Paul's language. I do have to say towards the end of the book there were some truths I walked away with. Here they are in a nutshell:
Romans 12:1 There are different ways to worship besides singing
Romans 12:2 If you renew your mind and thoughts you will be able to test the Lord's will
Romans 12:21 We CAN overcome evil by being good
Romans 13:1 The people in authority are ordained by God, no matter who they are
Romans 14:1 Accept him whose faith is weak, God has already accepted him.
Romans 14:20 Do not destroy the work of God for the sake of food….let go of the little things and stop bickering!
I got a few new books this week, both of which I'm very excited about. I bought Martha Stewart's Encyclopedia of Sewing and Fabric Crafts. I now have a gillion projects to get to work on!! I really don't like Martha Stewart that much as a person, she always seems very mean on her show but she's so darn crafty!! I also bought the first book in The Jesus Chronicles: John's Story written by Jerry B. Jenkins and Tim LaHaye. They have four books out based on the four gospels. If this first one is interesting I plan to read all four in the series!
I suppose I will end my ramblings there for now. And while I thought it was all randomness I noticed a common thread between all the paragraphs, books inspire me!
I leave you with a question so please respond!
What do you like to read about on blogs? People's lives? Meditative topics? How-to?





2 comments:
Most of my friends write about their lives so that is what I read. I do have a few friends who write more on the meditative topic side of things. Those are interesting to read to see what that particular person is learning at the time, but only occasionally does it also strike me at the same time. It's nice to have insight into other people's lives regardless of what they write about; I think it makes me feel more connected to them.
I tend to like blogs about meditative sorts of things. I especially love reading others thoughts on what they are reading (I feel like the more I read the better I write!) and what God is teaching them. But those are just my preferences...overall I agree with Sarah, I like having insight into the lives of others.
Post a Comment