Yay! All Done!
So month 5 has come and gone, it went so fast. The biggest thing this month was the weight issue, which was explained in like the last 3 posts so feel free to read those. We did a weight check this last Friday, mainly for my peace of mind. Hadley was spitting up so much I thought for sure she had lost weight but turns out she gained 4 oz! So she's up to 11lbs 13oz and we're doing weight checks every two weeks now until the 6 month check up.
Rice cereal is going well, we're doing that twice a day now. She still is using her tongue a little too much to push the food out but we manage to get 95% of the food down. We got some literature from the Ped. that kind of alluded to not giving anything but rice cereal until she's 6 months but I think I may try a veggie or two in about another week, it'll be close enough to 6 months! She's still a great sleeper, although I think she's getting to a point where she wants to stay up a little longer during the day which is totally fine with me as long as she isn't cranky!
She's getting better at sitting up although I think we're still a ways off from her sitting up on her own. She's a rollin' over fool, mainly just from back to front. She can roll from front to back but I don't think she sees any real importance in doing that right now so she just doesn't.
Jon and I are loving being parents, and we finally went out on a date this past week. We did the baby dedication at church this weekend, this is not a baptism for those who are unfamiliar with it. It's where we go up on stage and dedicate in front of the church, family, and friends that we are going to raise Hadley up with godly principals and pray for her. The church gives you an envelope with a picture of your family in it, a "first bible", a certificate, and a card. It was very nice.
Family photo shown in church for the baby dedication
No comments:
Post a Comment