I've been reading through some friend's blogs and have picked up on a few things that I'd like to tryout. Drum roll please......... since being a teacher my love for children's literature (and reading in general) was reawakened. So I decided while staying at home with our kids I'd like to try to get at least one kids book published. I've read about a friend trying out this Christian Writer's Guild program that is pretty much like a college course for people wanting to get their writing published. I've looked through their website and am extremely interested, however I'm going to hold off joining for a few reasons. Reason 1, because Hadley is still so young she still kind of needs me....A LOT (I know she'll get more energy as she gets older but at least she'll be a little more independent and on more of a schedule.). Reason 2, I'm still adjusting to having a kid. Reason 3, I'd like to hear from my friend how the program is before I commit.
I'm also ready to get back on the goal train. A year or two ago Jon and I wrote down some goals and for the most part did ok accomplishing them. But we haven't looked at them in quite some time so I looked at them yesterday and felt motivated again to get back on track with them. Hopefully I don't overwhelm Jon with my motivation since he's got a lot going on now. Anyway, I'm excited to have some direction while at home.
Meanwhile, on the "mom" front. Things are going well. I hate to say anything in fear of jinxing (sp?) it but for the last 3 nights Hadley has been sleeping well, only waking up once or twice during the night. I'm trying to be thankful for each night it happens while maintaining a realistic outlook that she could revert back to waking up every hour or two. I ordered a breast pump and I think we're going to try a bottle within the next week or so. It's so weird, I've been a lot more uptight with her than I thought I would be since I'm generally a very laid back person. I chalk it up to the fact that she's so darn cute and I love her so much that I don't want to miss a minute. I have to confess it has been a process for me to be able to leave her (just in a different room) with anyone but Jon. It's hard to let her cry when someone else is holding her, not because I don't think they can't handle it but because I just feel so bad for her when she cries. I've come a long way and am a lot better with most of this, but I'm nervous about leaving her with a babysitter. Again, not because I don't think they can't handle it, but because I don't want to miss anything with her. :) I guess it's all a process and as she gets older maybe it will get easier. I'm sure with the second kid, I'll gladly be handing him/her over to whoever so I can get a break.
2 comments:
I can totally relate to not having enough time! I feel like the only time I can get anything done is when Embry is asleep. I understand about the babysitter thing too, I had a really hard time leaving Embry the first couple times. I'm glad to hear that Hadley is sleeping better (fingers crossed it keeps up)!
Let me know about the book writing guild. It might be something I'm interested in too! I can't wait to read your first book :-)
Post a Comment