Friday, February 20, 2009

It's finished


These are the straps pulled together.



This is one end of the strap with a button so it can be removed.




This is the long end of the strap that can be adjusted tighter as needed and also removed.


This is the entire finished product. Big enough to be used as a blanket without worrying about the straps getting in the way.

Well I did it! I finished the nursing wrap and I think it's going to work. Again, I just started with the basic blanket template that I've done before. I did make it a little larger so it would leave room to wrap around the sides. I sewed the straps together and was ready to attach the buttons. For some reason the option on my sewing machine to attach buttons wasn't working well. After many failed attempts and readings of the manual to make sure I was doing everything right, it worked. I'm not sure what it was that wasn't working, I have a theory that the bobbin thread was wound wrong and eventually, after my failed tries, was working the way it needed to.

One step I was unsure of and will only know the answer to after the wrap is used is how far apart to put the button holes. I put them just a bit wider than the width of my shoulders hoping the straps would cinch up the fabric to "wrap" around the shoulders. I've got a while to hear the reviews on it but am looking forward to making one for myself.

3 comments:

Leatrice said...

I just got mine in and you're more than welcome to take a look at it to see how far apart the straps are...or I could measure it for you.

Anonymous said...

SO Cute Cara! What a great idea! Keep on blogging! I remember thinking how weird it was to write about myself all the time too, but you'd be suprised how interested people are in your life! Anyhoo...the wrap is adorable! Good job!

cara said...

Thanks Ami! Leatrice a measurement of yours would be fantastic.